Thursday, April 25, 2013

An Evening at Gallup

I was waffling on whether I wanted to go to Manchester to do another Michigan town, go to Gallup or just go home.  Gallup ended up winning out because I hadn't been there in a while and it was a nice enough night for it.
 I loved the way this goose was reflecting in the little pool in front of him.
 This one almost looked like it was laying eggs or something.
 I really like the red winged blackbirds.
 My first robin of the spring.  Maybe that means spring will stick around for us.
 The swan.
 I really liked the way this swan was reflecting in the pool.  I just wish it were a little smoother.
 I believe this is a Robinson helicopter.
 As I was wandering around the park, I heard the train whistles, so I decided to hang around a spot where I could take a picture of the train I knew would be coming by soon.
 As I went to the other side of the park, I heard this cardinal singing.  I don't have much luck getting pictures of cardinals, so I snuck up on him.  I'm not terribly happy with this shot.
 I'm a little happier with this shot.  He seemed to be saying, "Try and get a picture of me".
 I like this one a little better.
 If the branches weren't in the way.
 I really like this one.
 One last shot of the cardinal.
 Another type of blackbird.
And another robin to make sure spring sticks.

No comments: