Sunday, April 7, 2013

And the Frontenac Makes an Encore

Like I said in my last post, I wanted to catch the Arthur M. Anderson.  Sitting just ahead of her was the Frontenac.  The shipping season is fairly young, yet this is the third time I've seen her.  Although the rumors are that I may not be seeing her much longer.
 Off in the distance you can see the Anderson.  I think she would be a couple of miles back from the Frontenac.
 Well at least the Frontenac is a classic laker and not one of the rear deckers or bastard tug barges.
 One of the nice things about this side of Belle Isle is the fact that you get a chance for a front on shot.  You have to know when it's coming because it's pretty quick (even in terms of ship times).
 The other nice thing about this part of Belle Isle is that you get a shot for a relatively clean picture.  Not too much distracting from the ship here.
 And she passes one of the channel markers.
 Since I'd seen her twice before, I decided to leave the large lens on for some closeup shots.  A closeup of her pilothouse.
 Another shot of her front.
 A side shot of her pilothouse as she starts to pass by.
 And her anchor.
 Another shot of her pilothouse.
 And she proudly flies the Maple Leaf.
 And she starts to pull away.
 A shot of her with the rocky beach in the foreground.
And one more shot before she gets swallowed up by the Coast Guard station.

No comments: