Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Ever Lovely Kaye E. Barker Passes Detroit

After the Heidelberg Project, I checked Marine Traffic on my phone and saw that the Kaye Barker would be passing Detroit shortly, so I decided to head down to Milliken State Park to try and catch her.
 Just as I was coming up to the River, I saw that she had just rounded Belle Isle.  I like Milliken well enough but I think the angles are better from Belle Isle but it's not like I could ask her to reverse.
 Unfortunately, some of the better angles are too far out yet, but they will do.
 She's still a lovely boat though.  There are a couple of spots where I can get an undistracting view of her.
 Mostly.
 She passed the grain elevator and the distillery.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 She gives me the straight out shot.
 And another.
 She was heading to Dearborn today.  I was tempted to head down there to catch her coming up the Rouge River but I wasn't sure how long that would take.
 A shot of her deckhouse.
 A closer shot of her stack.  You can see some of the people on her.
 She slowly works her way down the Detroit River.
 Giving a shot of the Ambassador Bridge in the background.
 A wider shot of the Bridge.
And one more before moving on.

No comments: