Sunday, August 11, 2013

Thunder Over Michigan - 2013 Part IV

This last post is just of the static displays as I was heading out.
 This was my chance to get a picture of Spooky without too many people obstructing the view.  I love the DC-3, it is a very cool looking aircraft.
 A shot of the cockpit and one of the propellors.
 the front of Spooky.
 One of the PT-17 Stearmans.  This is similar to one I took pictures of in Ann Arbor.
 I think this is a Caribou, which is a Canadian aircraft.
 The Museum's AN-2, which was a Soviet produced aircraft.
The F-101 Voodoo.

And there you have the Air Show.  All in all, I think it was pretty cool.  I think they tried their best to overcome the lack of the Thunderbirds but it certainly showed that they were planning on them.  I can't wait to see next year's show though.

No comments: