Monday, July 28, 2014

On The Way Home

And so it was time to get back on the Wolverine to head home.
 Just a shot as we were leaving the station.   Sadly, the lighting wasn't the greatest but I kind of liked the picture anyway.
 Pulling out of the Station.  Gave me a decent shot of the Willis Tower.
 Amtrak did a few engines in heritage schemes to commemorate their 40th Anniversary.
 Engine number 100.
 A view of the river as we passed over it.
 This is probably my favorite view as we leave Chicago.  This is I-94.
 A Grand Trunk Engine.
 A Norfolk-Southern
 At some points along the way, Amtrak actually owns the lines and they can get up to 110 miles per hour.  I'm not sure if this was one of those spots, but I wanted to give the illusion of movement.
 The Indiana Power Company at sunset.
 The Old Michigan City Lighthouse.
The Niles Station would be the last station I would take a picture of.
However, I did manage to get a shot of the Wolverine as it pulled out of the Ann Arbor station.

All in all, it was a pretty fun day but I think one of these times I might stay overnight so that I don't feel quite as rushed.

No comments: