Friday, February 3, 2017

A Nice Sunset

I was thinking about going to Detroit Metro Airport to catch some planes in the nice sunset but I got out of work a little later than I anticipated.  Also, I needed to get gas so I decided to stop at the Speedway Station at the corner of State and Ellsworth.  I figured I might have a chance to catch a Cessna.
 While I was pumping gas, I decided to get a picture of the flag at the Belle Tire across the street.  I liked the way the light was hitting it.
 Then I decided to get a shot of the half moon.
 After I pumped my gas, I moved my car to an out of the way spot as I saw a plane starting to circle around.  I was able to catch it as it came in for a landing.  I didn't realize that I could get a head shot at the gas station.
And one more shot of the Cessna as it passed by.  I didn't see any other planes flying around and it was pretty cold tonight.  I wouldn't make it to Metro in time either, so I went home.

No comments: