Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Sunday Afternoon at the Aluminum Aviary

On Sunday, I wanted to go take pictures but I wasn't sure what the roads would be like after raining pretty much all day Saturday.  I was thinking that I would go down to Belle Isle but I heard that part of the roads down there were flooded.  I didn't feel like going to another spot to get pictures of the ship coming down.  I still wanted to get some pictures, so I decided to go get some plane pictures.
 I decided to start on top of the parking garage.  It has been a while since I have taken pictures of planes coming in from the north from there.  And I'll have to be honest, I should go there more often.  It gives some nice variety for my pictures.
 This CRJ-900 was arriving from Rochester, New York.
 Of course, it was the 757s that attracted me.  I saw that there were at least two of them coming in for the length of time I wanted to stay.
 This one was arriving from Fort Myers, Florida.
 It taxis towards the gate.
 And two of my favorite aircraft in one picture.  The bottom plane is a 717 which is a descendant of the DC-9.
 An A321 takes off as another 757 comes in for a landing.  the A321 is on its way to Atlanta.
 The 757 was arriving from Tampa.

 As it passes the UPS planes in the background.
 A 737 taking off for Fort Lauderdale.
 Another angle of that plane.
 Another picture of the 757 coming in from Tampa.
 A CRJ heading somewhere.
 Another A321 taking off.
 This particular one was heading to Washington Reagan Airport.
 An A319 coming in from Reagan Airport.
 Taxiing.
 Heading for the gate.
 Another CRJ taking off.
 An ERJ-145 arriving from Philadelphia.
 A 717 taking off for Charlotte.
 A 717 coming in from Philadelphia.
 A 717 arriving from Raleigh Durham.
 An A319 arriving from LaGuardia.
 A 717 coming in from Baltimore.
 An A320 coming in from Boston.
 And I was able to catch another 757.
 This one was arriving from Orlando.
 Another angle of it.
 And one more.
 Another 717 coming in from Baltimore.
 A Gulfstream coming in.
 I decided to stick around for one more plane.
 The A220 is growing on me.  I really like the looks of this plane.
 This particular one was arriving from JFK in New York.
And one more shot.  As you can see, it was a pretty nice day but it was a little cold.

No comments: