Wednesday, January 1, 2020

The Grand Haven Lighthouse Assaulted by an Angry Lake Michigan

It was pretty windy at Fish Point and my mom thought it would be pretty windy at Grand Haven as well.  We haven't seen weather scenes over there in a while.  I was a little on the tired side but I wanted to see if I could get some pictures of them.
 As I made it to Grand Haven after what seemed like forever, I was not disappointed.  I think the winds were approaching at least 30 miles per hour.  I'm pretty sure there were some pretty nasty gusts of wind too.
 As I got out of the car, I had some trouble opening the door because of the wind.  I could feel the sand from the beach hitting my face.  But I remained undaunted because the pictures looked like they could be pretty cool.
 Some the waves were almost scaling the range light as they crashed into the pier.  And it was nice to see the catwalk on the pier again.  It needed some work and I'm glad it got it.
 I went to other places to get some angles.  This one gave me a more sweeping picture of angry Lake Michigan.
 Another wave crashing against the range light.
 Again, I walked around the beach to find different angles.
 I kind of liked this one.
 I would have gotten more on the pier but the waves were crashing over it and I was certain to get wet.  I liked this one with the hint of rocks in it.
 I went back to my original spot.  It was starting to get colder as the sun sank lower in the sky.  Occasionally, I could see the hint of snow flurries.
 But I couldn't resist the waves crashing against the lighthouse.
 I went to spot a little further away but it allowed me a decent shot of the lighthouse.
 I was able to catch both lights on at the same time.  The front house is the range light.
 Another wave crashing.
 I kind of liked this one as it was almost crashing over the lighthouse.
And one more shot.

In all, I traveled 500 miles on Monday but I think the pictures I got were worth it.

No comments: