Thursday, October 6, 2011

Another Evening at Gallup Park

Then I decided to head over to Gallup Park because I haven't been there in a while. It was actually a pretty nice night to do it. The temperature was almost to the 80's and it felt nice.
The goose that seems to hang around the park.
I think this is a young mallard because he hasn't developed the ring around his neck.
A closeup of that goose.
I tried to get a shot with fall colored trees and the reflection on the water. This one was probably my best shot and I wish I had brought my other lens because it would have been better for this shot.
I don't normally see turtles at Gallup Park so it was kind of nice to see this one. It was a pretty large painted turtle.
This is a female mallard and I kind of liked how the water reflected in this one.
A closeup of the female. I really like how the light is hitting her face.
Another male mallard and I like the reflection.
As I was taking pictures of the ducks, I heard the sound of a jet engine. Of course when I hear a plane fly overhead, I always have to look up. This particular one is a 747 which is probably heading to Japan.
Another mallard and I kind of like how the reflection hits the water.
Another plane. I think it may be a 757 but I'm not really sure.

No comments: