Sunday, October 2, 2011

An Eagle at the Game

So yesterday I got a bit of a suprise as one of the people said, "Look there's an eagle". So I turned around and sure enough, it was a live eagle. And this was pretty damn cool. Followers of this blog will know that I love eagles and I will take pictures of them whenever I get the chance.This particular eagle was from the Leslie Science Center in Ann Arbor. Looking at their website, I may have to wander over there some day because they have a raptor rehabilitation center. I loved this shot with the eagle's wings spread out although I'm not sure the handler was loving it as the eagle seemed to be trying to fly away.
Another shot of the eagle, this time with the team out of focus in the background.
A closeup of his face. You never realize just how big these birds are until you see one up close. Judging by the coloration, this one is not quite mature because his head isn't a full white.
Another closeup of the head.
This picture gives you a good idea of the size of the bird.
Looking off somewhere.

I love these birds.

No comments: