Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Leslie Science Center

Saturday at the Eastern Michigan game, they had a live eagle on the sidelines. Looking at my pictures, I noticed that he was from the Leslie Science Center which meant that I had to look up where that was. Turns out it is in Ann Arbor and they have quite a selection of birds of prey. Tonight, I decided to go see for myself.All in all, I would have to say that it was pretty cool although the cages weren't very photography friendly. This was a barred owl. He was kind of hissing as I approached the cage.
This is the eagle from the game and he was squawking as I approached. I was able to get close enough so the bars of the cage didn't show that much.
I think this one is a peregrine falcon.
A red tailed hawk.
Another shot of the eagle.
And a barn owl.
I will definately have to go again when the main building is open. It looks like they have raptor feedings. That might give me a chance to catch the birds in a more photography friendly setting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! These are great shots!