Monday, July 6, 2009

Bay City Fireworks

Every year for about 30 years, Bay City has put on a fairly impressive fireworks display. They made a festival out of it and have about 3 nights worth of fireworks. I haven't been going as religiously as I used to but this year I went to two of the nights. Here are some pictures of that.

Unfortunately, fireworks are not the easiest things to photograph (they require a tripod, a longish exposure and patience), so the pictures aren't the greatest. Unfortunately, the coolest fireworks are the least photographable.

The first group of pictures is from the first night.







This group of pictures is from the second night. As I was taking the shots, I decided it would be better to flip the camera on its side.












For the most part, I like the shots but unfortunately some of them got a little over exposed and there are large splotches of light on the pictures. If I go next year, I think I'm going to try to find a spot on the river to get the reflections on the water.

No comments: