Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Mackinac Bridge in the Fall

After the Toledo game, I stopped at a friend's house and we went up north. We ended up getting a hotel room in Gaylord because the rooms in St. Ignace and Mackinaw City were booked. It was probably just as well because I think we were getting tired at around the time we hit Gaylord.

We got up pretty early the next morning and hit Mackinaw a little after sunrise. The lighting was perfect.A shot of the bridge through the trees.
I loved the pinks in the light.
A closer shot of the Bridge.
I kind of love doing this shot because it shows almost the full length of the Bridge.
For this shot, I was trying to get something more interesting in the shot.
A shot from near the Fort.

Another shot from roughly that angle.
I used a higher f-stop on this one in order to get the trees and Bridge in focus.
The bridge is a little overexposed because I wanted the colors in the trees.
And a shot of the Bridge from the St. Ignace side.

No comments: