Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Random Buildings Around the David Stott

I decided to wander the area around the Stott Building for a bit.  I'd have to say this is probably one of the more impressive looking blocks in Detroit.  It is definately one of the few that has the feeling of a big city. 
 The orange building is the Guarding Building and this has been featured on this blog before.  The guy in the center of the picture started to ask me what I was taking pictures of....I basically ignored him because he seemed crazy.
Another angle looking down that street.
 The tall building is the Book Tower.  Someday, I will do a feature on that building.
 A closeup of the Book Tower.
Looking down Griswold from another vantage point.

I think I've said this repeatedly but I will say it again.  It is pretty easy to focus on the negative of Detroit.  People do that all the time.  But I don't think it offers anything positive for the city.  I think there are signs of progress and I hope those signs continue.  I don't think Detroit will ever be what it was in the 50's or 60's but it may become impressive again.