Thursday, August 17, 2017

Lost in a Sea of Sunflowers

I found out about a sunflower field that's at the corner of North Territorial and Whitmore Lake Road.
 There was a little spot to pull off on North Territorial where I was going to take pictures from but one of the farm owners was there shooing people away.  I guess I can understand that as they were probably tired of people traipsing through her field.  She did point out a spot where I could park on Whitmore Lake Road.  It was actually a better shot except for the fact that I was shooting into the sun.
 It was also starting to get dark and I didn't mess around with the ISO settings on my camera.  I kind of like the blurriness though.  Makes it look like a Monet painting or something.
 I was trying to get some different angles.
 I think I would have liked this shot more if I could have gotten more of the sky.
 I then pulled out my telephoto to get some close up shots.  I think I would have liked this more if I could have gotten closer to them.
 But they aren't too bad.
As I was leaving, I saw some people traipsing through the field.  No wonder the lady from the first sentence was ticked.  If there's one thing I've learned in my years of doing this is to try to be respectful of people's property.

No comments: