Monday, September 25, 2023

A New Visitor to the Great Lakes

 This is a ship that I was hoping to catch on Saturday but I ended up missing her at the Blue Water Bridge.  I saw that she was heading up to Essexville, so I figured that I would catch her there.

She was carrying a split load of cement from Algeria for Detroit and Essexville.
Cement is a fairly long unload time, so I figured that I had some time to catch her.
I knew it would be difficult catching her with my camera, so I brough my drone along.
This is the first visit by an NACC vessel to Essexville but I have a feeling it wont be the last.
She was built in 2012, but I don't have records of the shipyard.
She is registered in Panama which is a flag of convenience for her.
She is a pretty cool looking ship.
I hope that I get to see her again.
She has some pretty nice angles.
the beam shot.
Another angle.
I like this angle.
Another beam shot.
Another oblique angle.
Trying for a bow shot.
One more.


No comments: