Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Barton Nature Area - Ann Arbor

Barton Nature Area is immediately to the north of Ann Arbor as you catch Huron River Drive just past M-14. It was a nice day, so I decided to take myself and the camera there. I should have looked at the map beforehand because I would have seen if I continued on the main trail, I could have gotten to the dam/waterfall I was looking for. Oh well, next time, I guess.

I was walking down the tracks for a bit when I looked down and saw this. I liked the contrast between the wood and group of stones. The snow kind of helped too.

A little bit of snow covering the plant. I think a layer of frost on a plant makes for a cooler effect, but this will work.

I liked the cloud patter and the contrast of the tree against the sky. Then I tried this shot in black and white and liked it even more.

I liked this one better in black and white as well.

Another shot of a snow covered plant.

The slight freezing over of the river.

A railroad bridge. One of these days, I'll have to look up the train schedule and time this so I can get a train going over the bridge.

Another shot of slightly frozen over river.

The footbridge leading from the parking area to the park.

All in all, a pretty nice park but I'll have to check it out in the spring.

No comments: