Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Some of my Diecast Models

If you haven't figured out by now, I am a major aviation fan. Part of that includes building models. I love building models but it takes patience which I'm finding myself with less of these days. For that diecast models are pretty nice and they add some of the details that I've never had the patience to do myself.

Anyways, with the days getting shorter, I decided to take some pictures of my models. I did them in black and white because sometimes black and white is cooler.

This is a model of the Me-262 which was the world's first operational jet. It wasn't a bad plane but had lots of problems (which was a good thing) which led to ways that it could be defeated by propellor planes.

This is the F-16 Fighting Falcon. A pretty good plane.

A P-47 Thunderbolt.

The F/A-18 Super Hornet. This is an updated design of the Hornet. They've added more power to the engines and more range to the plane making it a much more capable design. This plane has pretty much replaced the F-14 Tomcat and is slowly replacing the older F/A-18's. They've recently develped the E/A-18 Growler which will function as the replaced for the EA-6 which was used in the electronic attack role.

No comments: