Wednesday, June 6, 2012

One More Ride on the Long Island Railroad

Based on the area I was staying in Queens, I got quite a few trips on the Long Island Railroad.  The Long Island Railroad was chartered in 1834 and since it has operated continuously since then, it is the oldest US railroad still operating under its original name and charter.
 Believe it or not, this is actually a railroad bridge.  But it is also a set of buildings.
 The train that would take me to Penn Station in order to connect with the Lake Shore Limited and almost home.
 A shot of the station as we pulled away.
 Somewhere between Queens and Manhattan.
 Looking out at the freeway.
 As we passed by the railyard.  I was amazed at the number of trains in this railyard.  The one on the left is similar to the one I took from DC to New York.  The sort of middlish one is similar to the ones I normally take.
A building somewhere just after the railyard above.  It wasn't a long trip on the Long Island Railroad.

I am curious what the train that goes all the way to the end of Long Island is like.

1 comment:

Isaac said...

That blue tug with the barge is Crow, owned by DonJon Marine