Monday, July 9, 2012

The John G. Munson in the Rouge River

As I was waiting patiently for the arrival of the Roger Blough, I saw that the John G. Munson was hanging out on the Rouge River.  Remembering the pictures I got of the Cason J. Callaway last year, I decided to head over there since I had a little time before the Blough would appear.
 The last time I saw the Munson, she was heading upbound on the Detroit River and gave the Lake Guardian a master salute.  I thought that was pretty cool.
 This particular spot is a pretty nice spot for getting ship pictures.  You can get up alot closer to them than you normally would (unless you have a boat).
 I think this is a pretty decent angle for a ship pic.
 But this one is better.
 A closer shot of her bow and stuff.
 And her pilothouse.
 I was trying to get the full frontal shot.
 An almost frontal shot of her pilothouse.
 And the shot I was looking for.
 A shot of just her pilothouse.
And a shot of her front.

No comments: