Monday, February 18, 2013

And a Bonus...For Me

It's amazing how your focus can be on one thing and you end up missing other things.  As I was looking for the perfect spot to take pictures of the River, I nearly missed this next series of pictures.
 I got out of my car and I heard a very distinctive sound behind me.  So of course I turned around and saw this train.  It's not that unusual for me to see trains but it is unusual for me to see a BNSF train in this area.  For some reason,  I think they operate mostly to the west of Chicago.
 But here it was in its full glory.
 And I believe it was carrying a trainload of some sort of grain products.  (And it turns out that I was wrong.  It was carrying coal to one of the power plants)  I'm also sure I've seen this train in the area before.
 I kind of wish I had more time because I would have liked to catch it moving over the Pere Marquette Rail Bridge that I've taken pictures of in the past.
 But I was still happy to see the train.
Hopefully, we'll cross passes again in the future.

2 comments:

Todd Shorkey said...

Very Nice. Outbound with coal empties from Consumers Energy. They come in every couple days, most often in the middle of the night. I have been waiting for a shot like this in the daylight, with sunlight, for quite a while.

Mikoyan said...

I just wish I would have had more time to wait around. I would have loved to catch the train crossing the rail bridge over the tributary river (forget what it's called). Ah well.....