Saturday, June 15, 2013

A Short Time in Chicago

The Zephyr got into Chicago about a half hour late.  Since I didn't have much time as it was, I wasn't really planning on doing too much wandering.  But I had to do a little bit.  If nothing else, it gave me a chance to catch some fresh air.
 Looking up at the Sears Tower.  I think one of the things I like about my new lens is how it exagerates the height of buildings.  This one looks like it stretches out forever.
 Looking down one of the streets of Chicago.  I love these shots.
 Looking up at the Trump Building.  I'm definately going to have to take an architecture tour.
 Another street.
 Another look at the Trump Building.  It is a pretty cool looking building.
 Looking down another street.
 Another look at the Sears Tower.  I wanted to get some of the other buildings in the shot to show  much it dominates.
 Looking straight up.
 I wanted to get a couple other buildings in this shot.
 The globe in front of the Sears Tower.
 Looking down another street.
 The Chicago River.
 And back to Union Station.  I had to get some pictures of the great hall because it is so amazing.
 One of my favorite phrases..."To all trains."
 The staircase from "The Untouchables".  Sadly, they stole that scene from "Battleship Potemkin".
 I just wanted a shot of the full expanse of the hall.
I thought airports were seas of humanity, until I saw Union Station for the first time.  It's amazing just how busy it is.

No comments: