Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Moth At Work

Since I was planning on going to the Arboretum after work on Friday, I decided to take my camera into work with me.  It was a good thing I did because I was entering the building, I saw a fairly unique looking insect.
 So I was swiping my card to enter the building when I noticed this guy sitting just below the card reader.  I thought he was a pretty cool looking moth, so I put my stuff away and then came back out and took pictures of him.  I had no idea what he was and someone put a piece of paper on the door that told what he wasn't (the colors didn't match).
 Fortunately, the internet is a wonderful thing and I typed "green moth" into yahoo and looked at the pictures and found the one that matched this guy.
 Turns out that he is a luna moth.  Also turns out that this was a pretty good catch on my end.  A little later I was going to grab my Godzilla to have Godzilla vs. Mothra but the moth decided to leave.
And at some point, the flowers outside the entrance decided to bloom and then disappear.  So here is one of them.

1 comment:

Hornbill said...

The orangy flower is hisbiscus.

I have one planted in my front yard and the flowers last a very long time ( months )

I stay in Borneo island ( third largest island in the world ) and my blog is :

http://horrnbill-hornbill.blogspot.com