Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Nice Day for the Zoo

It actually hit the 50's today, so I decided to hit M-14 to I-275 to I-696 to hit the Zoo.  Apparently a few other people had the same idea because it was a bit crazy when I got there.
 I saw the river otter was active but of course that ended as I got to the window.  Still, I don't think this is that bad of a shot.
 One of the condors.
 The camel always looks happy.
 One of the peacocks.  It was nice to see these guys wandering around.
 Then there is favorite stop, the wolverine pen.
 It's not often that you see a wolverine in a tree.
 I think he was actually sniffing things out.
 I guess a tree is a good vantage point for that.
 A nice closeup of the wolverine.
 One more shot of the wolverine.  They weren't out when I returned.
 A shot of the eagle.
 One of the prairie dogs.
 A kangaroo.
 A seagull flying above.
 Another type of bird flying.
 The bear was fairly active too.
 A helicopter.
 The lioness licking herself.
 I even got to see the tiger out and about.
 I will have to admit tigers are pretty cool.  This particular tiger is a Siberian tiger, so he (or she) is larger than other types of tigers.
 I would hate to be on the business end of this guy.
 The only glimpse I got of the polar bear.
And a shot of alpaca.

All in all, it was a pretty nice day to go to the zoo but there were far too many people there.  I guess that is one of the ways I prefer the slighly colder winter days.

No comments: