Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Roger Blough on the St. Clair River

So then the ship that I was waiting for appeared.
 As you know, the Roger Blough is by far my favorite ship.  She probably has the most appearances of any ship on this blog.  I was hoping to catch her on the way down but she appeared too late for me to get decent pictures.  When I saw that she was coming back up yesterday, I decided to go out and catch her.  I believe this was her first trip to Ohio this season.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 A closer shot of her bow.  She's had a rough opening to her season.  I believe her hull was pierced somewhere but I couldn't tell exactly where.
 A shot of her deckhouse.
 She starts to work her way from Marine City.
 I caught her next at St Clair.  It was my plan to follow her all the way up the river.
 The beam shot.
 And a shot of her stern as she continues to head up the river.  By all appearances, she was booking.
 Next I caught her at Marysville but I was almost too late because I was sticking around for another ship.
 Another shot of her deckhouse.
 And a shot of her stack.
 The rear of her pilothouse.
 The shot as she was pulling away.
 Then I went to another favorite spot.
 A shot with the Willam C. Gaynor in the foreground.
 So then I grabbed my spot near the Blue Water Bridge.
 She slowly makes her turn towards Lake Huron.
 The full on head shot.
 She starts to pass by.
 A shot of her under the bridge.
 The almost full shot.
And she starts to enter Lake Huron.

No comments: