Sunday, May 18, 2014

Waiting at Detroit Metro Airport

I decided to take my vacation in Duluth this year.  Normally, I would be taking the train at this time of the year but I've wanted to go to Duluth for a while and I had the miles, so it was off to the airport.  It has been a while since I've been on a plane.  One of the first changes was that I didn't have to take off my shoes at the checkpoint.  This was a long time coming in my opinion.
 As you enter the McNamara Terminal, there is a pretty nice fountain.  There is usually a plane behind it and I think it makes for a nice picture.  They can change the speed of the water and sometimes it looks like it is jumping out.
 And then they can turn on all of the spouts.
 McNamara is a nice terminal but it is kind of a hike from one end to the other.
 Fortunately, they have a pretty nice tram that will take you to the end of the terminal.
 There weren't too many people in the airport at this time.
 A picture of the tram itself.
 A Boeing 737 taxiing out.
 A closeup of a cockpit.  I think this is an Airbus.
 The 737 pulling out.
 A 737 tail.
 An MD-90 (or 80) taxiing past.
 I'm not sure what kind of plane this is.
 The cockpit of the MD-90.
 Another cockpit closeup.
 The MD-90 taking off.
The Airbus 320 that would take me to Minneapolis.

No comments: