Monday, January 12, 2015

The Algomarine in the St. Clair River

So like I said in my post from last night, I decided to head up to the Algonac area in order to catch some the ships that were stuck in the ice up there.  Although, I'm not sure if all these ships were stuck in the ice or were waiting for the one at the front that was.
 I started with the Algomarine because she was stuck just outside of a little parking lot by Algonac State Park.  As such, she was the easiest to get decent pictures of.  It actually looks like there is a little open water in front of her, which leads me to believe that maybe she wasn't quite stuck.
 I just moved around the park a little bit to get some different angles of the ship.
 As I was taking pictures of her, I saw a Coast Guard Dolphin helicopter approach.  If only I could have gotten a train in this shot.
 A shot of her pilothouse.  You can see a bunch of ice on the bow.
 A closer shot of her pilothouse.
 A closer shot of the bow area.  You can see all the scrapes that occur during a shipping season.
 A shot of her stern.
There was a spot where I could get a decent shot of her bow.  This is one of my favorite angles for a ship.

No comments: