Tuesday, April 28, 2015

And the Cedarglen

When I went up to Port Huron last night, I was really only expecting to see two ships and I wasn't sure if I would catch the Salarium or not.  I was not expecting to see the Cedarglen heading downbound.  So I will call that a pleasant surprise.
 The Cedarglen is my favorite of the rear decker ships.  She has a pretty unique looking pilothouse (although apparently she had a sister with the same style pilothouse).
The chunk missing on one side was removed when she had to load in Marquette.  She would not fit under some of the chutes otherwise.
 She passes under the Blue Water Bridge.  Even in this picture, you can see what it's called Blue Water.
 She starts to pass by.
 and she gives me a beam shot.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 The Maple Leaf flying proudly in the breeze.

 She starts to continue on her way.
Winding down the the river.

No comments: