Sunday, April 19, 2015

Next Up, Herbie the Love Boat

Following pretty close to the Ojibway was the Herbert C. Jackson.
 The Herbert C. Jackson was built at the Great Lakes Engineering Works in the 1950's.
 A couple of years ago, she hit the Jefferson Avenue bridge and given the fact she's out and about and the Jefferson Avenue Bridge isn't, I would say that she won that battle.  Although for the life of me, I don't understand why it is taking so long to repair the bridge.
 I guess it goes without saying, that I love the classic lakers.
 Especially this one, because she looks so sleek.
 The pilothouse looks almost swept back.  She almost looks like she could be a racer.
 She is still powered by steam, but part of me wonders how long that will last.
 I stayed in St. Clair after the Ojibway passed.  Like I said, she was following fairly close.
 She gives me the view I really like.
 And then she passes by.
 Giving me a beam shot.
 A shot of her deckhouse.
 And she continues on her way.
 Since I was already at Belle Isle, I figured I would catch her there too.  Although, she didn't have much further on her journey since she was heading to Dearborn to deliver her load of taconite.
 The sun was just about perfect.
 Especially for the beam shot.
And one more shot.

No comments: