Monday, January 25, 2016

At the Auto Show

These are some of pictures from the Auto Show.  I apologize for the length of this post but there is quite alot to see there.  These were probably some of my favorites.
 As always, there is kind of an Auto Show as you head inside.  It is mostly prototype cars and the occassional race car.  This one is a Ford GT.
 An earlier model GT.
 One of the Mustangs from the 1960's.
 An example of one of the cars that is used during the Detroit Grand Prix.
 A model of a Michigan State Police car used in the 1950's.  My dad was saying that they are moving away from this shade of blue to black.  I really hope that is only a rumor because I think this is a nice shade of blue.
 I was messing around with the zoom for this shot.  I kind of like the effect.  I'm not sure what version of Audi this is though.
 One of the BMW motorcycles.
 A BMW convertible.  Despite what I think of some of the people that drive these, they are nice cars.
 another BMW.
 The M3.
 I really like this one.  Maybe someday.
 And once again, visual proof that they do install turn signals in BMW's.
 A Ferrarri.
 I believe this was the BMW concept car.  It is likely electric.
 I kind of like the new Beetle.  It maintains the style but somehow looks sleeker.
 The convertible version of the Beetle.
 The James Bond edition of the Aston Martin.
 And if you have to ask, you probably can't afford it.
 The Porsche logo.
 It's funny, so many cars try to radically change their looks but Porsche still maintains its looks.
 Another angle.
 And a gray one.
 This is built by a car company called VLF.  The company was founded by former GM Executive Bob Lutz, Gilbert Villarreal and Henrik Fisker.  The are produced in Auburn Hills and are probably going after the high end market.
 I kind of like the new styling on the Prius.
 One of the Toyota concept cars.
 I think they had this at last year's show.
 The Tonka Toyota.
 I kind of like the Scion sports cars.  Their other cars...not so much.
 The front of the Scion.
 A Lexus.
 The Lexus from the front.  I kind of like the grill.
 Another Lexus.
 the new Nissan truck.
 Their concept car.
 The Infinti.
 The new Infiniti Q60 Coupe.  I really liked this display.  It was kind of set up so that it appeared that you couldn't get close to it.  I think it made for some nice pictures.
 I really like this shot.
 And this shot. 

 The new Lincoln.
 A Cadillac.
 The Mercedes Convertible.
 The Acura concept car.
 Another one.
 I kind of like the new Camaro.
 And a Vette is always cool.
 The Stingray.
 The new Mustang.  I really like the current trend in car design where they try to maintain the classic look.  However, it looks modern enough.
 The Iconic Logo.
 The Ford GT.  If I ever won the Lotto, this would be my car.
 From a lower angle.
 The Shelby Cobra.
 Another version of the Mustang.
 An Alfa Romeo Spider. 
 A Fiat.
 The new Willys Jeep.  I kind of like this one.
 A Fiat 500 decked out like a Stormtrooper.
 The Dodge Viper.
And a Mazda Miata.

No comments: