Monday, January 11, 2016

Who is Rey?

So I got the other figures from Episode VII that I ordered from Amazon.  I could not find them anywhere around here and now that I have them I will find them everywhere.   If you haven't seen the movie, some of these are probably spoilers.  Enjoy the pictures and move on.  If you have seen the movie, these are merely the opinion of this blogger.
 So we know that Kylo Ren is actually Ben Solo and is the child of Han Solo and Leia.  His grandfather would have been Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker and it seems that he is pretty strong with the force.  We know that he rebelled against Luke and turned to the Dark Side.  Well, we aren't sure that he's turned to the Dark Side completely.  His Master is named Goll...err, Snope.  Where Snope comes from is subject to some debate as well.
Some people speculate that Snope is Darth Plagius which was the person that Papaltine thought he killed.  That seems fairly plausible given that he supposedly knew the secret to life itself (or some such).  There are other that say that Snope is actually Darth Vader reincarnated or something like that.  There was a picture circulating where he scars match the scars of Darth Vader.  That theory doesn't make much sense.
There is also the possibility that he is some random other force user.  Maybe he was standing back and watching Palpatine's rise and fall from power.  We'll see, I guess.
 I guess the bigger mystery of the movie is who is Rey?  Personally, I don't think that it is all that much of mystery because I think she's Luke's daughter.  To me, she looks like a combination of Anakin, Shmi and Padme, so she is definitely a Skywalker.  She could be Han and Leia's child but I didn't see much reaction from them.  Now it's possible that Luke did some sort of mindwipe on them but that doesn't make sense.   It seemed like there was more of a reaction from Luke.
Now this leads to the question of how she ended up on Jakku.  My guess is that when Kylo rebelled and killed the new Jedi, Luke was upset at his failure and hid.  Rey's mother then put her somewhere safe and Luke thought it would be better to wallow rather than hunt her.  But again, we'll see.
There are no mysteries behind BB-8.

1 comment:

cmadler said...

Apparently JJ Abrams and creature effects supervisor Neal Scanlan considered making Supreme Leader Snoke female, which to me argues against most of the fan theories about him being just about any previously introduced character.