Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Tuesday Morning Plane Watching

I arrived at the brilliant realization last night that if I got up early enough, I could catch the 787 as it arrived at Detroit and still make it to work on time.  I decided to test that theory this morning.
 I decided to try out a different place today.  It is a little office building on Middlebelt.  It looked like it provided a pretty good view of the runway that is typically used.  Sure enough, it was.  The first plane I saw was this DC-9 variant.  Sadly, I was shooting into the sun but I kind of like the effect.
 It also provides a pretty good view of the other runway.  Delta 1937 is a flight by an Airbus A320 from Baltimore-Washington International.  After landing at DTW, this plane would go Fort Lauderdale and back.  As I type this post, this plane is on its way to the Sky Harbor in Phoenix, Arizona.
 I couldn't make out the tail number, so I don't know what this plane is up to.
 N696DL is 757-200 owned by Delta Airlines.  This particular aircraft was coming from Gerald Ford Airport in Grand Rapids which seems kind of unusual for a 757.  After arriving at DTW, it would head over to Minneapolis.  From there, it would fly to Seattle.
 The plane I was interested in was Flight 267 from Queen Alia International Airport in Amman, Jordan.  This particular aircraft is a 787.  I've caught it a few times now, but I was hoping for a different angle so that I wasn't shooting into the sun.  I got lucky because it decided to land at the other runway.
 I was also hoping to catch it a little further out because I love the way the wings bend up as it is landing.
Probably my favorite shot of this plane so far.

No comments: