Friday, June 3, 2022

Catching the Oberstar in the Soo

So for Memorial Day weekend, I decided to head up to the Soo.  I haven't really been up there in a while and it was nice to get away.  I ended up getting a room and I had a ship almost immediately.

The Honorable James L. Oberstar was entering the Locks.  They only had the Poe Lock up and that made things alot longer than normal.
Anyway, I like the pictures from this spot even though there are the orange poles.
She inches closer to the locks.
A closeup of her pilothouse.
Backed away a little bit.
I decided that I didn't want to get pictures of her in the locks.  Besides, I had other fish to fry.
She starts to pass by.
And then I switched to my drone.  It was nice to get my drone out here.
It was a little windy but not windy enough.
She passes by.
Catching the other part of the park.
I never really noticed that the river was straight here.  Apparently, this was straightened a few years ago to make shipping easier.
You can see it better here as the Oberstar heads down to Dearborn.


No comments: