Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Gott Boat or a Bonus Ship

I was not expecting to catch the next ship.

I ran into a friend in Port Huron and he asked me if I was going to stick around for the next ship.  I said probably not.
That is until I looked at Marine Traffic and saw that she wasn't that far away, so I decided to stick around.
The Edwin Gott was coming up from Conneaut.
I think she was heading up to either Two Harbors or Duluth.
There she would pick up iron.
As I type this post, she heading back to Gary.
The bow shot.  It's amazing how large these ships are.
It's even more amazing they inhabit the lakes.
She makes her turn for Lake Huron.
Framed by the Blue Water bridge.
Love the looks of these ships.
Another shot with the bridge.
Another shot of her length.
A shot of her pilothouse.

She heads out into Lake Huron.


No comments: