Tuesday, June 28, 2022

The First Trip of the Season for Lee A. Tregurtha

 The Lee A. Tregurtha got a late start this year.  I think she was undergoing her certification.  As a result, I think she got painted.  The need for iron ore hasn't been great so far and as a result, she was resting.  I think the need has picked up for a bit.

The Lee A. Tregurtha was coming down from Marquette.
She would be carrying a load of taconite from the iron dock there.
I was watching her the night before and I saw that I would be able to catch her around noon.
That meant I didn't have to get up that early and that was good because I didn't sleep well Saturday night.
Anyway, I wasn't going to miss her since I haven't seen her in a while.
She's a nice looking ship to catch.
Especially with the old salty bow.
She makes the turn for the channel.
The bow shot.
She makes the turn again.
Probably my favorite angle.
And then I switched to my drone.
I was trying low angles again.
I think I like this one the best.
The almost beam shot.
The better beam shot.
And she continues on her way to Dearborn.


No comments: