Sunday, September 18, 2022

Bring on the Commanders

 So today as I was looking for photo opportunities, I saw that there was a 757-300 scheduled to fly from Dulles Airport to Detroit.  I assume that it is the plane that will carry the Washington Commanders to play the Detroit Lions tomorrow.  At any rate, I wanted to catch it because I like the 757 and different livery would be nice.

It turns out that it was in the newer United livery and I am beginning to like this livery.  That might be because I don't see it all that often.
It was a nice day with just enough clouds.  I like to have some clouds in my pictures.
I think I like this one a little more.
This may be too many clouds.
This one feels about right.
Anyway, the Washington Commanders are now what the Washington Redskins are called.  After years of protest, they decided to change their name.  They ended the Redskins name for the 2020 and 2021 seasons.  They announced the new name earlier this year.
Quite honestly, I don't like the new name.  One of the other names proposed was the Washington Red Tails.  It would have been named after the Tuskegee Squadron and would be a fitting name.  The Commanders sounds kind of bland.  Oh well.
Anyway, another fun fact about the airplane.  It has won as many Super Bowls as the Lions.


No comments: