Sunday, September 18, 2022

And Then There Was the Algoma Transport

 I was going to catch this one earlier but I had a pretty busy morning.  So I ended up making a cup of coffee and breakfast.  Then I took a little nap.

Instead of catching her near Port Huron, I ended up catching her off Belle Isle.  
This is not a bad spot.  I just can't get the headshot that I like.
I'm not sure where she's heading from because sometimes Marine Traffic will use Sault Ste Marie as the last port.
She might be coming down from Superior with a load of coal.
The is heading to Hamilton, Ontario which is at the western end of Lake Ontario.
As I type this, she is roughly in the middle of Lake Erie.
She is currently about 10 hours to the Welland Canal.
I think it is about 5 hours to transit the Welland Canal.
It is probably another 3 hours from there to Hamilton.
It's amazing how vast the Great Lakes really are.  Especially when you consider it was probably 48 hours from Superior to this point.
The beam shot.
She continues on her way.
And this may be my favorite.


No comments: