Monday, September 19, 2022

Catching Up With the Frontenac

 I decided to head up to Port Huron yesterday as there were two ships that I wanted to catch.

The first of the two was the Frontenac.
I'm not exactly sure where she was coming from as her origin port read Sault Ste. Marie.
Sometimes Sault Ste. Marie is the origin port.
But many times, the ships are coming from one of the other Lake Superior ports.
Based on her destination, I almost want to say she was coming from Superior.
Her destination is listed as Port Colborne.
Which I believe means she is carrying stone or coal.
Since there isn't a stone port on Superior, I would guess she was carrying coal.
At any rate, it was nice to see her.
She is one of the last Canadian built lakers.
And certainly the nicest looking one.
One more picture with my normal camera.
And then I switched to my drone.
I think I like the low angle shots the best.
She turns towards the river.
The almost beam shot.
A stern shot.
And one more shot before waiting for the next ship.


No comments: