Sunday, February 12, 2023

Some Time at the Aluminum Aviary

 Like I said in my other post, I decided to head to the aluminum aviary.  The aluminum aviary is my name for the airport.  The birds are aluminum there.  I saw that there would be a decent variety while I was there.  The sun was out and that was a plus.

First up was the A340 belonging to Lufthansa.
Apparently, this is the last time I will be seeing this plane coming into Detroit.
They are going to replace it with a 787 which is okay buy I still like the plane.
Especially since I don't get to see many four engine planes anymore.
This particular one was coming in from Frankfurt.
An A319 belonging to Delta coming in from Reagan National Airport in Washington DC.
Another plane that is probably not long for this world.
A 717 comes in from Charlotte.
It was followed by a CRJ-900 from Norfolk.
Love this plane.
This was coming in from Richmond.
Another one of the heavies.  If I had gotten here earlier, I could have seen a few more.
This A330 was coming in from Frankfurt as well.  Must have taken off at about the same time as the A340.
An E175 coming in from Columbus.
Followed by an A320 from Boston.
One of my favorite shots from this particular spot.
It was a 737 belonging to Alaska Airlines coming in from Seattle.
An A320neo belonging to Spirit coming in from Fort Lauderdale.
This one was kind of a surprise.
It was an Embrear Phenom.  Not sure where it was coming from as its origin was blocked.
Another shot through the Golden Arches.
Another Spirit A320neo.
This one was coming in from Cancun.
Liked the beacon shot.
A 737 coming in from Atlanta.  This one has the signature of the Delta CEO on it.
Another plane that I was waiting for.
My favorite, the Boeing 757.
This particular one was coming in from the World of the Mouse.
Not sure how much longer this one will be flying.
One more shot, since its my favorite.
And an A320 to wrap up the day.  This one was coming in from Dallas.


No comments: