Sunday, February 26, 2023

Sandhill Cranes on River Road

 After I got my room, I decided to head up to Bay City.  I heard that there was a bunch of eagles somewhere, so I was hoping to catch them.

I decided to head to Bay City using River Road.  Mainly because I usually see eagles there as well.
I did see some eagles but I was not in a spot where I could get pictures as they were flying over.  By the time I stopped and grabbed my camera, they would be gone.  It was said because based on other pictures I saw, I think one of them may have been a golden eagle.  I'm not sure as I've not heard of goldens in Michigan but you never know.
I went to the spot where people said they were but there were none and the lot was pretty dodgy.  I didn't want to get stuck there.
So I headed back.  I did see one flying over that spot but again, but the time I got my camera out, it would have been gone.
So I used River Road to get back to I-75.  I saw an eagle but it was across the river, so not a very good shot.  As I was about to get back to I-75, I saw some sandhill cranes.  It was pretty cool except they were not in a great spot to photograph.   But I like my pictures though even if you see some of the branches in front of them.


No comments: