Monday, February 20, 2023

Dreaming at the Aluminum Aviary

I was thinking of going back to Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge again but my mom said it was supposed to rain.  It was also on the windy side and it seems like the birds don't like it when it is really windy.  It was a sunny day, so I decided to head over to the airport.

There was also a nice set of clouds in the sky.  I prefer to have some clouds in the sky when I take plane pictures.  This CRJ-900 was coming in from Dulles Airport.
It was followed by one coming in from Harrisburg.
An A330 coming in from Nagoya.
I really like the color of the Spirit livery.  It really sets out against the sky.
This particular A321 was coming in from LaGuardia Airport.
I really like this shot.
Next up was my favorite.
Yesterday was the anniversary of its first flight.  Sadly, these planes are getting long in the tooth.
I'm not sure how much longer I will be seeing them.  This particular one came in from Tampa.
An A321 coming in from Fort Myers.
You deserve a break today.
This A350 was coming in from Haneda Airport in Tokyo, Japan.
This airport is closer to downtown and that makes it more convenient.
An A319 coming in from Reagan National Airport.
Followed by an A320 coming in from Baltimore.
It was followed by a 717 from Charlotte.
This is another plane that is probably not going to be around much longer.
Beacon shot.
I think I've heard that they have a couple more years.
And the reason for the title of the post.
Last week, I found out that was the last time the Lufthansa A340 will be visiting Detroit.
That plane will be replaced with the 787.
Which is just fine with me because I think the 787 is a nice looking plane.
This one came in from Frankfurt.
One more.
A CRJ-700 coming in from Cleveland.
It was followed by another 757.
This particular one was coming in from Fort Lauderdale.
Because I like this plane.
You get a few more pictures.
Probably my favorite angle.
And one more.
A CRJ-900 coming in from White Plains.
An A319.
This one was coming in from LaGuardia.
And the plane I had to wait for.
This is another 717.
It was coming in from Raleigh.
 

No comments: