Monday, July 2, 2012

And Some Shots of Just the Bridge

Now that all of the ships are out of the way, I could take some pictures of just the Bridge.  This time I took pictures from the St. Ignace side.
 As you can see, it was a little cloudier here.  But I do like the look of the Bridge from this angle.
 I'm still not sure what the wooden structure is.  I think it might be the remnants of the ferry dock.
 I wanted a shot without something in the foreground.
 You can see the traffic building up.
 A pulled out shot of the Bridge.
 One more standard shot of the Bridge.
And one more shot to give you an idea of her size.

Unfortunately, this series of pictures meant that my trip was coming to an end.  While I didn't see that many ships during Engineer's Day, I saw plenty of them in the time around Engineer's Day.  I was glad that I was able to spend more time than usual around the Soo.  I was also glad that I got to spend some time with my dad.

Again, I would like to thank the Corps of Engineers for hosting Engineer's Day.  I would imagine it is getting tougher to do so in these post 9/11 days.  I would also like to thank the crew of the Roger Blough for sticking around and making my first Engineer's Day memorable.  I can't wait for next year when I can go again.

No comments: