Monday, July 23, 2012

The Herbert C. Jackson at the Soo

Seems like I am getting another regular visitor to the blog.  This time it is the Herbert C. Jackson.  The last time I ran across her was on the Detroit River when she did a 180.  Since that was close to the last time I was at the Locks, I was hoping to see her there too but that wasn't to be. 
I got there just in time to hear her blow her horn to indicate that she would be leaving the locks shortly.
The next posts are going to be slightly out of order as I also ran across the Stewart J. Cort.  Jokingly, I started to refer to this as freighter jousting on a Facebook group.
The Herbert C. Jackson passes the Cort and Sugar Islander.
The Herbert C. Jackson free of all of those distractions is able to show off her true self.  I will have to admit, I never really paid attention to her before, but she has nice clean lines.
A shot of her pilothouse.
An almost straight on shot of her pilothouse.  For a second I thought my picture was off but that is just her appearance.
A shot of her deckhouse.
A more straight on shot of her deckhouse.
After viewing her at Mission Point, I decided to head down to the Four Mile Beach because I really like the background there.
A straight on shot.
Another shot of her pilothouse.
And she passes by the beach.
And we get a glimpse of one of the ships in one of the upcoming posts.
The two ships get closer.
And they start to pass each other.

No comments: