Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Manistee in the St. Clair River

I was expecting to see the St. Clair and Cuyahoga.  I wasn't sure if I would be around for the next ship but I was not expecting to see this ship.
 As I was taking a final picture of the Blue Water Bridge and getting ready to leave, I looked down the River and saw the white and gray shape coming upbound.  I thought that it was the Cuyahoga after not being able to dock or something.
 Well it turned out that I wasn't going to get a second crack at the Cuyahoga.  Instead I was going to get pictures of a ship that I last saw moving in cooler days.
 This is the first time I've seen her on the water since I last saw her at rest in Toledo.
 She's definately not resting in this picture.  Nor is there ice on the river.  I think the weather scared any ice away.  It almost scared me away.
 Heck, I think I saw a seagull gasping for air.  I'd swear I saw the ship sweating too.
 A closeup of her pilothouse.  You can see the A/C in the window.  On a day like today, they need it.
 A little pulled out of the pilothouse.
 A shot of the deckhouse.
 As she is about to pass under the Blue Water Bridge.
 Tightening in with the telephoto.
 Another shot of her under the Blue Water Bridge.
And one last shot before she heads off to Lake Huron.

No comments: