Monday, July 2, 2012

The James R. Barker

So the last ship I saw at the Soo Locks was the James R. Barker.   She was pulling in as the Oberstar was pulling out.  I didn't stay to watch her go through the Locks because I wanted to catch a couple more shots of the Oberstar in the St. Mary's River.
 She is a repeat visitor to this blog, although I think the last time I saw her was at the Soo Locks.  I'm pretty sure her normal routes don't take her past Detroit that much.
 One last shot of the Administration building.
 And a shot of the Barker as she is almost ready to enter the locks.
 We decided to head over to Whitefish Point.  We took the way that would take us past the Iroquois Point Lighthouse.  This shot taken outside of Brimley.
 She heads into Whitefish Bay.
 One last shot at that point.
 Here she is at Whitefish Point.
 The ship in the background is the Michipicoten.
 I think she is a couple miles out in this shot.
 You can tell she is in the deeper portion of the water.
 I kind of liked the look of the sky in the background.

 Some people looking on as she passes.
A foreground shot.

No comments: