Monday, July 23, 2012

Roger Blough Comes Up....Again

If you're new to this blog, you do not know my favorite ship.  If you are not new, it is no secret that my favorite ship is the Roger Blough.  I didn't realize that the Blough would be at the Soo Locks yesterday.  If I had, I would have gotten up earlier to catch her at different points leading up to the Locks.

At any rate, it was getting late Saturday night.  I was pretty sure I could have made it back to my mom's but I decided to stay up in the Soo anyway.
 After I woke up, I decided to check AIS to see who was approaching the Locks.  Imagine my surprise as I see "Roger Blough" on the map.  So that prompted me to get dressed and head over to the Locks.
 She was already making he way into the Locks, so I couldn't quite get the shot I was looking for.
 I love the looks of her front.  As I've said numerous times before, she reminds me of a snapping turtle.
 Or something else.
 She slowly works her way into the Locks.
 A view of her pilothouse.  It was wierd, one night I had a dream about zombies invading (or whatever zombies do) and I found myself on the Blough and using it as my anti-zombie pad.
 This would have been where I would have mounted the fifties.  I guess the Blough would make a decent zombine hunting platform.
 Enough about Zombies, here are some of the folks tying her down to the locks.
 A shot of her stack.  Again, if you look closely, you can see the USS logo in it.
 One of her crew looking out the pilothouse.  Just once, I would like this chance.
 I decided to head to the end of the Locks because I wanted to catch her at a different place near the soo.
 And I waited...
Because the Blough had to wait for the next ship to enter the lock.  With this shot, she was starting to pull out.

No comments: