Monday, July 23, 2012

The Stewart J. Cort at Mission Point

It is starting to seem like the next ship is going to be a regular visitor on this blog.  She was up at the Locks when I was there for Engineer's Day, although I didn't get much of a chance to get pictures of her.
 It was almost as misty up at the Soo as it was at Mackinac and the sun was starting to set.
 But as she got closer, that wasn't so much an issue.  One of the things I like about Mission Point is that you can almost reach out and touch the ships.
 Because I've never really had the view, I never noticed the #1 on the deckhouse.  That is because she was the first 1000 footer on the Lakes.
 A closeup of her pilothouse.
 Another advantage of being so close is that you get shots where you can almost feel the length.
 Another shot of her pilothouse.  When I first saw her, I thought she was pretty ungainly looking but she is starting to grow on me.
 An almost side shot of her pilothouse.
 Number 1.
 The rear of her pilothouse.
 A shot of her deckhouse.  She definately has one of the more unique looking deckhouses.
 As she heads off to the Locks.
And one more shot.  I guess one thing I like about her is the fact that she is the only 1000 footer with a normal laker configuration.

No comments: