Monday, July 23, 2012

At the Mackinac Bridge Again

So after a lunch at the Turkey Roost, it was decision time.  Do I head up north or do I stay in Bay City?  As you can tell by the title of the post, I decided to head north.  The sky was perfect on Saturday.
 Since the Mackinac Bridge is the connection point to the Upper Peninsula, I will usually stop there to take a couple of pictures.  Plus after looking at AIS on my phone, I saw that there were a couple ships heading my way.  One of them that has never appeared on this blog before.
 I don't usually take pictures from the St. Ignace side, so I decided to head over to the end of the park to get the almost the straight on shot.
 Unfortunately, they don't let you go further over, so I couldn't get a lesser angle shot.
 But I do like this angle.  I kind of wish the water were a little smoother though.
 You can't go anywhere near the water without seeing one of these.
 Another angle of the Bridge.
The statue is dedicated to the men who built the Bridge.  The Bell is from the fog tower that used to be here.

1 comment:

Christopher List said...

Although elevated above road level, you can get a straight on shot from Straits State Park.