Monday, July 23, 2012

The Roger Blough at Sherman Park

During one of my previous visits, I saw a park that looked like it might be a good spot for shipwatching.  The only problem is that if you want to see a ship that was just in the Lock, you have leave right when it is leaving the Locks.
 Since I can never have enough pictures of the Blough, I decided to head over to that park.  Here we have a shot with the International Bridge in the background.
 A relatively clean background.
 I wonder how well the Candian side would compete with Zug Island?
 A shot of her bow.
 A shot with a relatively clean background.
 As she passes by a scrapyard.
 I kind of like shots where there is stuff in the foreground.
 Even better if they are rocks.
 Or maybe not quite rocks.
 All I can say is that the ligthing was perfect.
 And the water was almost smoothe enough.
 And she starts to sail on for Duluth.
 To pick up more taconite.
And one more shot before I got back in the car.  Please go to Ohio next time, Roger Blough.

1 comment:

Isaac said...

what do ya know, she's heading for Conneaut. Might be a nighttime passage though.