Monday, July 23, 2012

The Algoma Progress at the Soo

This wasn't quite the next ship I saw after the Stewart J. Cort because I kind of did the last posts out of order.  She was however next after the Herbert C. Jackson.
 It has been a while since I've seen the Algoma Progress.  Either she's been busy in places where she doesn't pass by Detroit or she's passed by at times when I couldn't be there.
 At any rate, the last time I saw her was when she was still known as the Canadian Progress.
 At that time, she was owned by the Seaway Corporation.  Since then, she has been sold to the Algoma Central Corporation.
 So she now sports Algoma colors.
 Because of the waning light, I wasn't able to get much more of a closeup than this.
 A shot of her bow where she proudly sports the Algoma bear.
 Her Algostacks.
 And she heads up the River.
 We decided to eat at Clyde's at Mission Point, so that gave me a chance to get some more pictures of her.
 As you can see, it was getting quite a bit darker.
And this may be a bit underexposed but I like it.

1 comment:

Isaac said...

Never heard of the Seaway Corporation. The Progress was built for Upper Lakes Shipping and sailed for them from 1968 until 2011. You may be getting them confused with Seaway Marine Transport, which is a company pooling the vessels of Algoma and ULS. Now they simply manage Algoma's vessels.